Ani is a former teacher of students with special needs and is now working on a documentary about sex and sex education. Ani and I meet at her home in LA to talk about education, sex, sexuality, religion, manifestation, death, and more! - Recorded in Los Angeles, CA
Tim Barber is a photographer, curator and designer in NYC. Barber worked as the photo editor for Vice Magazine (2003-2005) and founded the online gallery and image archive tinyvices.com (2005-2012), which was released as a free App (2010) and evolved into time-and-space.tv (2013-2016), a curated community platform for artists. Barber co-curated the inaugural New York Photo Festival (2008), curated / edited a series of five monographs published by the Aperture Foundation (2008) and launched the independent publishing house TV Books (2008-2010).
Ideas expressed in this episode:
• Art being able to communicate messages that words can't describe
• Creating, manifesting, capturing, hunting for... "IT"
• The podcast highlighting todays "unsung heroes". These artists have the potential to eventually become "cult classics".
• Our job as an artist is to translate experiences and to share them with the world
• Different levels of dimensions and consciousness
• Virtual reality becoming a part of reality
• Living with love and fear in our lives. Creating a no fear zone
• Becoming Photo Editor for Vice
• Conversations becoming artworks within themselves
• Trying to live within a non-consumerist way of life
• The art world being a vast sea of hits and misses. Being both deep and shallow.
• Our relationship with our own truths and universal truths
Lauren is NOT an environmentalist but she can teach you how to save $20,000 in 4 years, get healthier, and add time to your week by changing your lifestyle through reducing your impact on the environment. AND she can fit a years worth of trash in a single mason jar!
Some topics from this show:
• What is Zero-Waste and the Zero-Waste lifestyle?
• How to NOT be an annoying environmentalist
• How to change your lifestyle most efficiently
• Stop protesting and make your life better
• Go beyond being a consumer
• Fix yourself rather than trying to fix others
• There are no fuck-ups when you're manifesting
• Live a meaningful life now
Sonya started her career creating youtube vides while a teenager in Toronto. Now a fashion blogger, model and youtuber. We were put together for an editorial and she changed my perspective on NYC life. We decided it would be fun to shoot together again and recorded this conversation between the two projects.
In this episode we talk about:
• What it means to be a Free Spirit
• Spotting our own prejudices in the connected world
• How being an influencer allows one to live a life with more freedom
• Ways things can improve for businesses connecting with influencers
• Embodying love
• Dealing with depression as a spiritual person
• Spiritual games to play
This show is dedicated to Autumn! Happy Lovetober!
Save 30% on Alan Watts lectures and courses by using promo code "DONOVAN" at checkout.
(Positive Sex Advocate, Teacher, Blogger) Eileen Kelly (aka KillerAndASweetThang, aka Leezy) is a feminist, and postive-sex blogger who is doing amazing things for internet youth culture and education. Today's show is about sex, culture, social media, feminism, where we are at as a culture and where we are going with online folk culture.
Petite Meller is an amazing musician who is bringing her imagination to life in the form of her own little empire. We both found ourselves back in NYC for fashion week and decided to catch up at her midtown hotel to discuss consciousness, philosophy, spirituality, dreams, art, imagination and so much more. NOTE: A small sample of Petite's songs are used as reference including Backpack, Baby Love, and NYC Time. Support the art and buy your copy of her music today.
Quite simply, beauty has a purpose beyond the pixels. Modeling’s reputation for drugs, eating disorders, and cattiness has pervaded the social imagination for decades however now, in 2015, we have a group of models working promote inner and outer health. Amongst the catalysts for this model movement is Emily Van Raay. Emily started Models for Wellness and joins me at the park to discuss a range of topics including:
- Explaining “Models for Wellness” and the option toward real health
- Growing up in the changing fashion industry
- Realize you can create anything you want and you have a choice
- Inspired by the uninspired
- Inner and outer beauty
- “Why me?”
- Plus Size, Straight Size, and every other size
- Organizing change from within to be free
- Regardless of Biology or Media training, inner health is critical
- Manifesting beauty beyond the pixels
- Making things right when you’ve participated in something
Through documenting Humans of New York (HONY), Brandon Stranton has created a blog showcasing the people in Gotham and the stories that have shaped their lives. While his work started as a simple photographic essay of colorfully dressed people he found on the street, it eventually morph into an intimate digest of accounts shared by the people he was photographing. Over time Brandon began to extract and broadcast their stories of deeper feelings and instances of transition mixed with candid humor. Eventually these stories shaped an online community of 13+ million followers which continues to share their collective thoughts and emotions regarding the subjects and their matter.
Today Brandon and I sit down to talk about the world we live in: a place where, once warmed up, people are more comfortable to talk about personal matters with a stranger than they are with their loved ones. Today's show discusses:
Creating HONY through good stories
The effects of interviewing 10,000 people
Working to find the individual story of each person through presence
The Key to life is…
Keeping it grounded beyond your worldview
Is Brandon a Reptilian Overlord?
Working beyond definition
Being a New Yorker with a larger-than-life project
Approaching strangers and cutting through
Broadcasting to strangers vs connecting with the people closest to us
Changing with friends
Sincere connection with each other
Manifesting your dreams for control and freedom
Living in the work is the reward
Let go of monetary concerns to get power in your life
The worlds dumbest question
Be sure to sign up on the mailing list on my site!