Comic Illustrator Ian Bertram joins MDWH! We recorded this show in the belly of the ConArt Colective. Things get as weird as possible today:
• Conspiracy knowledge and what we can do with the theories
• How we can forgive people who have done terrible things
• An eye for an eye, or love everyone
• Embracing your personal weirdness
• Pansexuality ad open boxes
• Running away from problematic situations can be a real solution
- Recorded at Con Artist Collective in Lower East Side NY
Lodro is a buddhist teacher and author who brings buddhism in to the modern world. A year ago he opened MNDFL, an oasis for meditation in the city he co-founded. His new book, Love Hurts comes out this week. Show topics include:
• How heartbreak happens beyond just breakups and romantic issues
• How to work with your heart when it breaks
• How to prepare for heartbreak our daily practice prepares you for the inevitable
• Why MNDFL was created and how you can benefit from coming to a space dedicated to meditation
• Why it's good to try different schools of meditation
Lucie is the joyful personality showing the world how to experiment with their lifestyle, 5 days at a time. I meet up with her in her midtown apartment to talk about her work, ideas, and life.
• What these experiments actually are
• How one hacks their lifestyle
• Dealing with negative comments
• Opening up about yourself publicly
• Balancing depth with commercialization
• Creating content for VR
• Would you give up your heart or your mind?
Michelle faced 100 fears in 100 days and survived. She now helps others identify and face their fears while building a community.
• How she did the project of facing fears
• The types of fears you will face
• How to approach fears
• Overcoming personal fears
• Going beyond cultural fears
• How to build a brand and business around helping others
• Overcoming your fears is a good way to help others
Michelle on Instagram
Michelle on YouTube
The incomparable Dennis McKenna joins MDWH to talk about plant medicine, ayahuasca, drugs, consciousness, community... and aliens. Dennis and I explore some questions, concerns, and ideas including:
• What will happen with psychedelic research following the election results?
• Is ayahuasca at risk of over harvesting and depletion due to the recent trend in ayahuasca exploration?
• What can we learn from plants?
• What is the interesting stuff in science right now?
• How technos and bios are merging
• Elegant design of nature parallel to human culture
• The unspoken connection of UFO/Alien research and psychedelics
Ashley Smith and I shot 7 years ago and never worked or talked with each other again due to a stupid misunderstanding. We reunited recently based around a side project she is currently working on and discovered we share a lot more in common. Following her recent Playboy cover and feature, she received some backlash for her looks, so we we sat down with a little too much beer to talk about the complex and complicated world of those of us navigating art and branding around sexiness and sexuality within the commercial/fashion infrastructures. We also talk through Ashley's hustle and drive.
PS: We get a little drunk in the making of this episode and sing for you... you'll love our singing because we love you!
Follow Ashley on Instagram!
Jordan makes sculptures with blood. His work has placed him in the center of the worlds of science, spirituality, mortality, and art. Todays episode explores
• how we can overcome social stigmas to promote blood equality
• the process and politics of working with blood
• the spirituality of blood
• how some art transcends borders and creates dialogue
• why artists can separate themselves from their work and see it move
• how blood donations really work and what you can do to improve the system
• what the Department of Health is promoting to decrease HIV by 99%
We also discuss his recent projects including Blood Mirror and Blood Illuminations.
Marina Abramovic teaches us how to host a Spirit Cooking!
Tim Barber is a photographer, curator and designer in NYC. Barber worked as the photo editor for Vice Magazine (2003-2005) and founded the online gallery and image archive tinyvices.com (2005-2012), which was released as a free App (2010) and evolved into time-and-space.tv (2013-2016), a curated community platform for artists. Barber co-curated the inaugural New York Photo Festival (2008), curated / edited a series of five monographs published by the Aperture Foundation (2008) and launched the independent publishing house TV Books (2008-2010).
Ideas expressed in this episode:
• Art being able to communicate messages that words can't describe
• Creating, manifesting, capturing, hunting for... "IT"
• The podcast highlighting todays "unsung heroes". These artists have the potential to eventually become "cult classics".
• Our job as an artist is to translate experiences and to share them with the world
• Different levels of dimensions and consciousness
• Virtual reality becoming a part of reality
• Living with love and fear in our lives. Creating a no fear zone
• Becoming Photo Editor for Vice
• Conversations becoming artworks within themselves
• Trying to live within a non-consumerist way of life
• The art world being a vast sea of hits and misses. Being both deep and shallow.
• Our relationship with our own truths and universal truths
Faye is the managing editor of Reality Sandwich, Evolver and Alchemist Kitchen. Today we have conversations about consciousness:
• Relating to psychedelic conversations
• What's happening in the zeitgeist
• The value and beauty of consciousness expansion
• Examining whether we are part of your imagination
• The voice of your thoughts
• The consciousness community threaded throughout cultures
• Virtue signaling in the internet era during weird times
• Wisdom of perception
• What is reality?
It's the 100th Episode! Is a full moon, a hunters moon, a super moon, AND the moon is in apogee tonight! So, with the alignment of the 100th and the moon, I got the most famous moon person I could get!
• The truth about aliens
• The real surprise of moon landing
• The specialness we can learn from pterodactyls
• What it is like looking at each every day for life
• How the moon deals with the blues
• What the moon sees and how it reflects you
• How we are sharing the most exciting time with history and the future
• What every human should know about their specialness
Congrats to Day Archer and Tiger Kaufman for winning the first mini prints! Remember to sign up on StudioDonovan.com to be entered in the next full moon drawing!
To contact the moon: look up and open your heartmind!
Lauren is NOT an environmentalist but she can teach you how to save $20,000 in 4 years, get healthier, and add time to your week by changing your lifestyle through reducing your impact on the environment. AND she can fit a years worth of trash in a single mason jar!
Some topics from this show:
• What is Zero-Waste and the Zero-Waste lifestyle?
• How to NOT be an annoying environmentalist
• How to change your lifestyle most efficiently
• Stop protesting and make your life better
• Go beyond being a consumer
• Fix yourself rather than trying to fix others
• There are no fuck-ups when you're manifesting
• Live a meaningful life now
Sonya started her career creating youtube vides while a teenager in Toronto. Now a fashion blogger, model and youtuber. We were put together for an editorial and she changed my perspective on NYC life. We decided it would be fun to shoot together again and recorded this conversation between the two projects.
In this episode we talk about:
• What it means to be a Free Spirit
• Spotting our own prejudices in the connected world
• How being an influencer allows one to live a life with more freedom
• Ways things can improve for businesses connecting with influencers
• Embodying love
• Dealing with depression as a spiritual person
• Spiritual games to play
This show is dedicated to Autumn! Happy Lovetober!
Save 30% on Alan Watts lectures and courses by using promo code "DONOVAN" at checkout.
Kristin was the 3rd generation of her family to live in a cult. born in to a religious sex cult, her family left when she was 10 after a murder within the organization. She has since found her balance in the outside world by blending mainstream world with valuable attributes nurtured within the organization. Today we talk about:
• what it was like growing up in a cult
• how growing up in a cult effected her perspective
• how cults and mainstream culture mirror each other
• the importance of imagination and creativity
• the benefit of really knowing who you, your family, and your friends are
- Follow Kristins on Instagram
- Here is a doc on Children of God to further understand the environment of the Family.
- A short news clip from 1972 when it was just beginning
- Here are the True Komix given to adults within The Family (anyone 12 and older)
Today's guest is my grandma! Grandma Alice is dealing with dementia and recovering from an injury at the hospital. I sit down to talk about life lessons, memories, meaning of life and much more. I cry in this episode. Twice. Don't judge.
No guests! Jut a quick summary of what's happening!
Mitch Lewis joins the show to explain astrology beyond the newspapers and magazines. What it is, what it isn't. He goes through my chart and we talk about what will happen to the world in 2020 (Nuclear War or Peace?)
For the 2nd anniversary of the show, my friend Jenna Klein and I swing by Ryan Bradley's home. Ryan recently moved in to his home in Park Slope with his gf Emily. Ryan and Emily quickly discovered suspicious activity in home that cannot be explained and it appears they have a ghost with a small bladder living with them. We discuss his ghost, crystals and crystal skulls, aliens, herbal medicine, taking responsibility for your life, and marketing to the new age.
Rate and Review the podcast on iTunes to help others find it (5 stars please!)
Michael Grosso joins MDWH! We talk about his experience with ghosts, mind bending metal, psychokinesis, near death experiences, and his latest book "The Man who Could Fly: St Joseph of Cupertino and the Mystery of Levitation."
Michael's Site: Consciousness Unbound.